- 1 How can we prevent dengue?
- 2 How can I prevent dengue at home?
- 3 Is there a vaccine for dengue?
- 4 What food prevents dengue?
- 5 Can dengue be cured in 2 days?
- 6 What is the main cause of dengue fever?
- 7 What are the warning signs of dengue?
- 8 Why there is no vaccine for dengue?
- 9 How do you get dengue?
- 10 WHO found vaccine for dengue?
- 11 Can we drink milk in dengue?
- 12 Which fruit is best in dengue?
- 13 Is hot water good for dengue?
How can we prevent dengue?
Use insect repellent, wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants, and control mosquitoes inside and outside your home. Each year, an estimated 400 million people are infected with dengue virus. About 100 million get sick.
How can I prevent dengue at home?
- Use insecticide sprays in dark corners (under the bed, sofa and behind curtains) and burn repellent oils inside your home.
- Turn over all water storage containers when empty and store them under a shelter.
- Cover bamboo pole holders when not in use.
Is there a vaccine for dengue?
Dengue Vaccine Globally A vaccine to prevent dengue ( Dengvaxia® ) is licensed and available in some countries for people aged 9 to 45 years. The World Health Organization recommends that the vaccine only be given to persons with confirmed previous dengue virus infection.
What food prevents dengue?
Dengue fever prevention: Immunity boosting foods
- Citrus foods. Citrus foods are rich in vitamin C which helps in building strong immunity.
- Garlic. Garlic adds a strong taste to the food.
- Yogurt. Yogurt is a strong probiotic which stimulates the functioning of the immune system.
Can dengue be cured in 2 days?
Dengue is a virus, so there is no specific treatment or cure. However, intervention can help, depending on how severe the disease is. For milder forms, treatment includes: Preventing dehydration: A high fever and vomiting can dehydrate the body.
What is the main cause of dengue fever?
Dengue fever is transmitted by the bite of an Aedes mosquito infected with a dengue virus. The mosquito becomes infected when it bites a person with dengue virus in their blood. It can’t be spread directly from one person to another person.
What are the warning signs of dengue?
- Abdominal pain or tenderness.
- Persistent vomiting.
- Clinical fluid accumulation.
- Mucosal bleed.
- Lethargy or restlessness.
- Liver enlargement > 2 cm.
- Laboratory finding of increasing HCT concurrent with rapid decrease in platelet count.
Why there is no vaccine for dengue?
The vaccine is only recommended in those who have previously had dengue fever or populations in which most people have been previously infected. The value of the vaccine is limited by the fact that it may increase the risk of severe dengue in those who have not previously been infected.
How do you get dengue?
Dengue viruses are spread to people through the bite of an infected Aedes species (Ae. aegypti or Ae. albopictus) mosquito. Almost half of the world’s population, about 4 billion people, live in areas with a risk of dengue.
WHO found vaccine for dengue?
One dengue vaccine has been licensed, Dengvaxia® (CYD-TDV), developed by Sanofi Pasteur.
Can we drink milk in dengue?
Dengue patients need proteins in high quantity to make quick recovery. Eggs, chicken, fish, dairy products, home-made dal are all foods that increase protein in the body and help recover the lost nutrients. However, it is best to have non-vegetarian food after the fever subsides.
Which fruit is best in dengue?
Papaya. For those who are suffering from dengue, Papaya leaves are the best option to go for. Just crush the papaya leaves and squeeze them to extract the juice. Its extract increases platelets counts to a great extent.
Is hot water good for dengue?
Up your fluid intake and consume warm water instead of normal water. Caution: The dengue fever can rise rapidly after the onset of the initial symptoms. Thus, it is vital that one seeks medical help as soon as these symptoms are observed.